With time, innovation and adaptability are changing the trends inclined to websites. We see the look and functionality of the websites are completely changed now from the one we used to see a decade ago. Fortunately, trends inclined to the web development process passed quickly and became obsolete by the early 2000s. In this article, we will discuss all the current web development trends that one should consider before developing one for their business.
As per Forbes Statistics, in 2023, there will be 1.13 billion websites available on the Internet. With the rapid growth of internet technology, users’ choice is also evolving, and they choose more advanced web solutions to fulfill their purposes. And keeping up with these increasing demands and changing trends, we are so in need of keeping ourselves updated in the competitive markets.
So without wasting much time, let’s go right into the latest trends associated with web development.
Latest Web Development Trends to Follow
1. AI Chatbot
AI-powered ChatBots can help entrepreneurs most effectively for swift and personalized customer interaction. With the most advanced updates in technology, AI chatbots can also engage in complex conversions with users. By leveraging AI and ML, they can improve search functionality and automate operations.
Moreover, chatbots can be utilized to collect user data and solve user queries. Chatbots are becoming more prevalent in web development, particularly in the service and product-based industries.
Benefits of AI chatbots
- Unlike humans, chatbots can work around the clock and provide instant assistance to users.
- By automating customer support with chatbots, businesses can reduce their labor costs and enrich efficiency.
- AI-powered chatbots can examine customer data and use that information to deliver personalized recommendations and solutions.
- It can be formed by taking human nature in mind to understand their specific indications and speech, which can help in creating an emotional bond with your valuable consumers.
2. Internet of Things (IoT)
IoT technology makes it possible to connect to any device through mobile phones. The number of IoT devices is expected to continue to grow in 2023, which is expected to reach 29 billion worldwide in 2030. Hence it stands in the list of web development trends to grow with. IoT helps businesses to provide their services to users as quickly as possible.
Benefits of the Internet of Things
- The Internet of Things leverages smart automation and control to reduce human interaction, like turning on the lights with the help of a smart device.
- This technology helps programmers to analyze user behavior in order to enhance the overall user experience.
- A great advantage of IoT is that it enables advanced security to safeguard both business and consumer-side data.
- IoT devices can help businesses to improve productivity, such as how Amazon is helping in the home environment; this could be done in the workplace too.
3. Single Page Application
The single-page application remains a fresh topic in web development. It is presented to a user through a single HTTP page in a more responsive way which reduces lot of loading time. Vue, Angular, and Ember, kind of frontend frameworks, deal with client sides in SPA to offer perfect navigation. Google and Facebook are the greatest examples of SPA.
Benefits of the single page application
- With SPAs, users can navigate through the site seamlessly without any page reloads or interruptions.
- Since SPAs only load the required data, they use fewer resources and reduce server load, which results in improved performance.
- SPAs often consist of mobile-friendly nature since it is designed to work well on different devices and screen sizes.
- Single page application operates a single request to the server at the initial task and preserves data that can be utilized to operate offline.
4. Motion UI
Motion UI is used to craft CSS transitions and animation, which is useful to attract more and more to your platform more easily. It’s just interesting to watch animated stuff apart from reading simple or boring text. Consequently, Motion UI is getting the spotlight on the list of web development trends.
Benefits of Motion UI
- Businesses can implement out-of-the-box fun features in order to stand out from the competitors.
- Motion UI can enhance the visual appeal of the website by adding an extra layer of visual interest and variety.
- Motion UI can make the website more engaging and interactive, which can enhance the overall user experience.
- It can also be beneficial to derive the customer’s attention exactly to the sport you wanted.
5. Voice Search Trend
In web development trends, Voice search trends got the big hit. As per the Grandview Search overview, the intelligent virtual assistant market was valued at $ 2.48 billion in 2022, which clearly indicates its supremacy in today’s digital world. Therefore more and more tech giants are emerging to build more user-friendly voice assistant devices that can give tough competition to Alexa, Siri, Cortana, etc.
Benefits of voice search
- Voice search can be faster than typing, as it allows users to speak their search queries instead of typing them out.
- It is compatible with a wide range of smart devices that can make it easier for users to access and interact with the service across multiple devices.
- It has improved significantly in recent years, making it more accurate and also contains fewer errors to provide a seamless experience to the audience.
- It can be much more beneficial to people who face sight issues where they can operate the service via voice without the need to type them out.
6. Dark Mode Experiment
Dark mode gets the huge limelight in recent trends, and people are actually enjoying browsing with dark colors instead of all bright. So the 2023 trend will likely go in rage with light and dark mode customization in web and applications where people can feel the personalized experience in accordance with their personal interest.
Benefits of dark mode experiment
- The foremost honor to obtain is that it reduces blue light that interrupts sleep, which is especially worthwhile to those who are continuously on their screen and in need of rest.
- Dark mode is beneficial to save the battery life of a device, be it a mobile phone or computer system.
- It can help designers to experiment with more designs, such as text colors, background images, and so on.
- The high contrast provided by dark mode can make it easier to read text and view images, especially in low-light environments.
7. Blockchain Technology
Blockchain technology is being increasingly used in web development for its security, ownership, and transparency features. It is a rapidly growing technology that furnishes a lot of benefits to businesses or corporations. It provides a two-sided transactions event, which means all the transactions are verified by a decentralized distributed network. So blockchain development is now a new trend in both web and software development.
Benefits of blockchain technology
- Blockchain technology allows for decentralized transactions, meaning that there is no need for a central authority to control the network.
- Transactions on a blockchain are transparent and can be viewed by anyone on the network, making it easier to track transactions and ensure security.
- Offer highly interactive web solutions, data security, and enriched cash flow within the network.
8. Low Code and No Code
Low-code development platforms permit programmers to devise applications with minimal coding and are gaining popularity due to their speed and agility. With all the available methods of development – low code vs. no code vs. full code, when considering time, effort, customization, and handling the source code, low code development and no code development are acceptable choices for businesses.
Benefits of low code and no code development
- It allows the easier development of the websites, utilizing third-party tools that offer ready-made elements and functionalities.
- These websites become more manageable as there is less or no coding, and therefore one can easily identify the errors.
- It eliminates the complexities of building websites, lessening or removing the coding part and making it a simpler processul/to build it.
9. Progressive Web Apps
While it might not be a new concept, it still holds on to great popularity in web development today. Progressive web applications (PWAs) provide users with the experience of a native app while running in a web browser. It associates users with some great functionality supported by modern browsers, such as offline mode, push notification, etc.
Benefits of progressive web apps
- Compared to traditional web apps, progressive web apps provide users with an improved performance plus quick loading as well.
- PWA is light on data usage and storage since it takes no time to load the content, which results in improving user experience.
- The greatest advantage of PWA stands for its ability to work offline, where users can access the data even when the connection passes out.
- Developing a PWA is more cost-effective compared to native apps. Since PWAs can run on any device, businesses can save money on development and maintenance costs.
10. Cloud-based development
Cloud-based development is mostly preferred nowadays because of its scalability. Website scalability doesn’t require any hard hardware installation, and it is possible with the cloud. Developers can easily share and access code and other resources regardless of their location. There are various cloud-based platforms, like Azure and AWS, which offer numerous features for easier development.
Benefits of cloud-based development
- Cloud-based development is a cost-effective method to devise and update websites within the cloud platforms.
- All these platforms offer a wide spectrum of assistance and functionalities, incorporating storage, databases, and serverless computing, to build such websites.
- It also allows easy scaling of the websites, assembling updates within the cloud platforms.
In 2023 and further, all the top 10 web development trends mentioned in this blog will be gaining immense rage. All in all, each of these trends is with the ulterior motive to boost and improve user interactions in web solutions. Businesses aim to target a huge audience giving them a more promising, engaging, and secure user experience. So, if you are looking to build web solutions, incorporating these trends can do wonders for your business.
If you require a high-end web solution for your business, reach Elluminati to get high-rated IT services and consultations that works with various tech stack and get higher ROI in your business.